With the highly anticipated return of 24 coming up on May 5th, many have been dusting up on their 24 skills by re-watching previous seasons. Much of this, however, has been done in private and on one’s own pace or schedule.
On May 5th, everything changes. With social media being much more than it was even in the last season, the same house rules do still apply to Live Another Day.
1. If you DVR 24 because you cannot watch it with the rest of us, DON’T tell me not to talk about “what happens” while I watch it. #Priorities
2. No dialogue allowed while the show is airing. Commercials only. If show comes back on while you are typing mid sentence. Stop typing.
3. If you don’t like 24 and find it too violent, DON’T choose to use my thread as a platform of guilt bombing or questioning one’s convictions.
4. If “you just don’t get the appeal of 24” …good for you. Keep it to yourself or post it on your own wall.
5. If you call me while the show is on, I will not answer. If during the commercial I will. But if show comes on while we are on the phone, I will hang up.
What would you add to this list?
The last episode of 24 aired on May 24, 2010. Nearly a year later on May 1, 2011, it was reported that Osama Bin Laden was killed. Obviously this was the top trending topic on Twitter that night. Guess who else was on that list of trending topics the same night? If you guessed #JackBauer, you are correct!
For more updates on the return of 24, visit the official website, here.
Follow me on Twitter, here.