One of the most amazing experiences one can have while using a social networking platform is one that sadly doesn’t happen all the time. The experience I am referring to is when someone responds to a tweet where one has mentioned them.
Now, truth be told, I don’t expect people with 20,000 or 30,000 followers to respond to everybody, but when they don’t engage with anybody, I don’t buy it. I can see right there in their feed if they are bringing the SOCIAL to their SOCIAL media usage. For many of those users, I am simply following them because they provide good content. The ones here who standout amidst the pack and impress me most are the ones who seek to engage their community.
However, for the rest of us, what keeps us from being responsive?
- Want to give someone the hint?
- Don’t check who’s mentioning you often?
- Don’t know how to check to see if someone mentioned you?
- Don’t know what to say or how to respond, so you don’t?
With social selling, I believe a critical aspect that many still are failing miserably at is with how important it is to be… responsive.
I remember in my old brick and mortar days how bad I felt when at the end of the day my pockets were filled with notes with customers names and numbers on them. With this, I could not go home until I followed through with every last request and either responded right then or first thing the next day. It was just the right thing to do back then. So shouldn’t it still be… today?
Being responsive is critical when you are in the business of social selling. In being responsive, often times, it will be just that that sets you apart from your competition.
Think about it. Someone took the time to mention you, approach you, and reach out to you in a public arena.
In this, maybe it is the right time to begin reaching back, mentioning back, and approaching back? Otherwise, they just might not come back.
Do you have a response mechanism attached to your social media strategy? Is it even apart of your social media strategy? Because, in the end, what’s social media without being responsive? Just media, that’s all. And in that…. what’s the point?
What next? Read these previous posts to help get you started…
- Social Selling: The Choir and the Prospect
- Social Selling isn’t about Selling, its about…
- Social Selling: What will YOU Awaken in Others Today?
- Social Selling: Being YOU means…
- Social Selling: The Power of Articulation
- Social Selling: Relational vs Informational
- Social Selling: Fresh Content Tastes Better
- Social Selling: But can you get social with it?
- Social Selling: Don’t Just Inspire Me, Empower Me
- Social Selling: The Power of Anticipation (Proactively Reactive)
Like what you’re reading? If so, please feel free to tweet it, post it, email it, or like it. Thanks. G!