I logged out tonight and then logged back in and presto… I had myself a whole new Twitter dashboard. So what’s different?
As you can see, gone are the “Mention” and “Retweet” options replaced with your “Username” and “Activity” options.
What does this mean?
- all mentions of your username
- all of your tweets that were retweeted
- all users that have followed you
- all those who have favorited a tweet by you
- Favorited tweets by those you follow
- Who just followed who by those you follow?
- What tweets by others did your followers retweet?
- Who added who to what Twitter list by those you follow?
At first, it looks a little different and chaotic, but with time, I am sure we will find these changes much more efficient in our daily use of Twitter.
In the end, Twitter is about engagement and anything that will make it easier to engage, listen, respond, and grow our communities, I am all for.
For other blog posts on Twitter engagement strategies, see these:
My Social Media Interview with @FSBeirut by GunnarSpeaks
A Me-Centric strategy is still not quite social: #socialmedia by GunnarSpeaks