This world does not need anymore noise. What we need is more intrigue.
In this, I will be the first to step up and admit that I too… create noise. I create noise each time I share someone else’s content without anything to say about it that tells you why I felt the need to share it with you. Now, hopefully over time, you and I have established a bit of a rapport with one another that it has bought me some time in that if I do share something, at least because of our rapport, you too might find it intriguing or of certain value.
With this, it is my goal to do better at this. What my goal for you is that you join me in being better at this, too.
So, I want to challenge you to do something. I am going to post 5 videos below that will be stories, speakers, causes and organic. They will not generally be produced with million dollar budgets and some might be close to 7 minutes in length.
In this, here is what I want you to do.
- Create intrigue and not more noise by:
- Watching the videos
- Share the video link with your network
- Pick one of the three items as shown in image above which will give people a reason to want to watch the video by making it your own and share that in your post. (of course, the image was for reading something, but it works here, too)
- On Twitter, use #intrigue and mention the names listed by their Twitter handles of those featured in the video
- Pick two videos to share and… start creating intrigue.
- Not on Twitter, then Facebook it, or G+ it, or pin it…
- In this, we create intrigue by not just simply passing stuff along without making it your own, we can create it by making it your own.
- Video #1
- @HISG_News #sustainability #intrigue
- Video #2
- @JeffersonDSmith @SCTNOW #trafficking #intrigue
- Video #3
- @tmproject #mentoring #fatherlessness #intrigue
- Video #4
- @oregonfoodbank #fighthunger #intrigue
- Video #5
- @AfricaNewLifeRW #rwanda #hope #intrigue